sanish
What's DOS?
Views: 374
Message 1 of 5

select installation drive during recovery

- i had wiped the original win7 installation on my edge14 machine

Smiley Tongueartitions in order=

14gb xpsp3 32bit

25gb empty (intended for win7 pro 64bit)

4gb linux swap

25gb ubuntu 10.10 64bit

230gb storage partition

- i have the 3 recovery discs; when i run the boot media, the screen says all information will be wiped back to factory settings; gives me no option so far; will i be able to pick and choose the installation options or will everything on my disk drive be wiped out? is there anyway i can maintain my partitions, as well as pick and choose the software than gets installed alongside the operating system?

any help with this issue would be very much appreciated...

thank you

Vince69
Bit Torrent
Views: 328
Message 2 of 5

Re: select installation drive during recovery

Hello mate,

The recovery disks will erase and epertition your disk. You can install win 7 with a windows DVD but then you will have a problem with your key.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it.

ThinkPad T510 4313-CTO Windows 8 x64 - Intel Core i7-620M - NVIDIA NVS 3100M - 8GB RAM - 240GB SSD- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 - Gobi 2000.
ThinkPad Helix 3697-CTO Windows 8.1 x64 - Intel Core i7-3667U - Intel HD Graphics 4000 - 8GB RAM- 256GB SSD - Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 - Ericsson C5621gw

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 308
Message 3 of 5

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-7-Discussion/windows-7-home-premium-reinstallation/td-p/351083

you can use a retail disc with your key.  don't put the key in when 7 tells you to. wait until it's installed, then go into control panel, system, and at the bottom of the page then enter the key.  you might have to call m$ to activate but it only takes 10 minutes.  you can keep your partitions this way.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
sanish
What's DOS?
Views: 291
Message 4 of 5

thx wil try
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 284
Message 5 of 5

i see that one of your partitions has xp on it. on a multiboot system like yours xp will delete all the restore points on windows 7 except for the most recent one.  you'll have to edit the registry to stop it from doing that. 

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors