Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pujiyanto
What's DOS?
Views: 1,512
Message 1 of 2

thinkpad E440 can't use wireless after 2.07 BIOS Update

Hi all, I need some help. I just bought a new thinkpad edge e440-Q01 last sturday. After I installed Win 7 ultimate 64 Bit, all the driver, everything work fine, i can connect to the internet, start working etc. 

Then I update the BIOS, first it was 1.61 version then I upated my BIOS using BIOS utility for win 7 (downloaded from http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/default.page). After that i can't connect to the interter via wireless LAN. It was said that I need to turn on the "hardware radio switch", both intel wireless utility and thinkvantage connection utility says i need to switch the wireless on, but, i can't find the hardware switch for wireless on thinkpad edge e440. 

I try to push F8 button, as there is a symbol of wireless LAN, but nothing happens.

Then when I open the device manager, there is lenovo connect 1.0 device and i can't find it's driver, so it remain as unknown device.

I try to reinstall the windows, but now i don't have bluetooth to.

Other driver such as GT740, Ethernet, chipset, usb, etc are working just fine.

Anyone can help?

pujiyanto
What's DOS?
Views: 1,507
Message 2 of 2

Re: thinkpad E440 can't use wireless after 2.07 BIOS Update

just for addition, lenovo bios update utility have 2 option task. to update bios and model number. ican update the bios but not the model number.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors