Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gheredia
Paper Tape
Views: 2,316
Message 1 of 3

thinkpad edge 0301J9U recovery disc's

I just got this less then a week ago and installed all my software that I use.  Then I went to do the recovery DVD's to have on hand.  But I get a message that I have already created the discs and that only one is allowed per OS.  What can I do to make my own recovery discs.  I searched the forum found one about install a partition program and unhide the recovery but its already unhidden when I got it.  I see letter c: and r: in my computer.  I found a wmi under the r: recovery partition but don't know how to burn that or even if its the correct one.  Please help

Former Employee
Views: 2,275
Message 2 of 3

Re: thinkpad edge 0301J9U recovery disc's

hey gheredia,

could you go to http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-74581 and make sure all your software is up to date. Specifically the ThinkVantage Rescue and Recovery software.

Also, do read this too :

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/thinkvantage_en/rnr423mst.pdf

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
gheredia
Paper Tape
Views: 2,269
Message 3 of 3

Re: thinkpad edge 0301J9U recovery disc's

I contacted support and they are sending me a copy.  Thanks 1 of the links will help, as this is my first lenovo seems hard to search site for things.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors