cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moldedheroes
Paper Tape
Views: 528
Message 1 of 2

[thinkpad edge 0302-45u] back to factory settings with a clean hard drive. how?

how do i get to my laptop [thinkpad edge 0302-45u] back to factory settings with a clean hard drive. including also the os windows 7 back to factory setings. i have minimal computer knowledge. i backed up everything i needed already on a usb storage device.

WonderWoofy
Token Ring
Views: 518
Message 2 of 2

Re: [thinkpad edge 0302-45u] back to factory settings with a clean hard drive. how?

You need the backup disks, unless you have a recovery partition.  You should have been prompted to make these when you first booted the computer.

If the computer is under warranty, you can have Lenovo send you recovery disks.  If not they are some $50 or something like that.  If you are like me and think it is stupid to repay for something that is already yours, you can proabbyl find windows7 legitimate downlaods on the internet somewhere.  I have seen links for them before on sevenforums. But I never actually followed them,  You can then use your key on the sticker on your computer to reinstall.  Though this will not result in al the extra crap lenovo ships with their computers (though I think it is all crap anyways... including windows).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors