Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: 11e (Windows), 13, E and Edge series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

10-30-2012

ma

6 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 1 of 2

[thinkpad edge 0302-45u] back to factory settings with a clean hard drive. how?

2012-10-30, 0:54 AM

how do i get to my laptop [thinkpad edge 0302-45u] back to factory settings with a clean hard drive. including also the os windows 7 back to factory setings. i have minimal computer knowledge. i backed up everything i needed already on a usb storage device.

Options

63 Posts

09-15-2012

Los Gatos, CA

50 Signins

673 Page Views

• Views: 673
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: [thinkpad edge 0302-45u] back to factory settings with a clean hard drive. how?

2012-10-30, 6:00 AM

You need the backup disks, unless you have a recovery partition.  You should have been prompted to make these when you first booted the computer.

If the computer is under warranty, you can have Lenovo send you recovery disks.  If not they are some $50 or something like that.  If you are like me and think it is stupid to repay for something that is already yours, you can proabbyl find windows7 legitimate downlaods on the internet somewhere.  I have seen links for them before on sevenforums. But I never actually followed them,  You can then use your key on the sticker on your computer to reinstall.  Though this will not result in al the extra crap lenovo ships with their computers (though I think it is all crap anyways... including windows).

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms