Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leoram4u
What's DOS?
Views: 11,402
Message 1 of 2

thinkpad edge E520 drivers download

hope  you can help me in fixing my problem. well i was just looking for lenovo thinkpad edge E520 series with windows 7 home premium 64bit. bought this laptop 2months ago. unfortunately due to some virus attack. i have lost all my files and whole operating system. and now i've got a different windows 7 get installed. but, i don't have the supporting drivers of my new thinkpad edge. that's not even connecting to the internet.
could you tell me from where can i download these drivers so that i can use my thinkpad as usual. i am unable to get these supporting/compatible drivers online or from the lenovo website

hope you will definitely help me in this regard.

regards

venkat

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 11,394
Message 2 of 2

Re: thinkpad edge E520 drivers download

Hello and welcome,

I'm pretty sure those drivers are available on the Lenovo site.  The usual recommendation is to download and install the wired network driver first (using whatever machine is on the network and copying over via flash drive or CD or whatever) then directly download ThinVantage System Update, and let it pull down all the other drivers and apps.

(I'm on the US site - yours may be different) Click on the "Support" link above, then "Download Drivers and Software" then select your machine ("Quick Path" is easiest) then "Refine". That should bring up a full menu of drivers and software.  Expand "Networking" and download and install the Realtek Giga LAN driver.  You could also go directly to a wifi driver if you know what your internal wifi card is.

Once you have the network, come back to that page with your E520, expand "ThinkVantage Technology" and install System Update.  Run that and let it pull down the rest.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors