Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Community Spotlight

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

Check out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Visit the Community Spotlight Blog
Windows  10

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Fanfold Paper
0 Kudos

E420s battery problems

I've seen this is a common trend going around, however I have not seen any fixes for it yet. On the e420s, I have had two main battery problems with respect to other owners.

The first is that the battery life is unbelievably short. I know that lenovo advertised 7 hours which means I should probably expect 4 or so when doing basic tasks -- I've seen many user and professional reviewers of the laptop post that they get 5 hours of battery when using 60% brightness and reloading webpages, even watching videos. However, I get approximately two hours of battery when everything is configured at the lowest settings --- brightness 0%, CPU on lowest, fan speed on passive, internet turned off, no java or any entertainment programs running - I get about 2 hours when the only program running is Word. 

The next is a problem that started about a month ago. 4 or 5 times in the past month when running on battery power, the battery will shoot from about 45% to 6% instantly. It's always these two values specifically. It turns the 2 hours of battery into a little over 1. 

Lenovo sent out the battery firmware update in October which I performed. In doing so, the battery life actually hit 4 and a half hours for a few days. I thought that that was the fix. But after less than a week later, the battery went back to normal. I tried reinstalling the firmware update but it did no good.

Suggestions?

Punch Card
0 Kudos

Re: E420s battery problems

call the lenovo **bleep**s

Fanfold Paper
0 Kudos

Re: E420s battery problems

Does anyone have a specific number I can call them at regarding this problem? My laptop is still in warranty. Their layout for customer service gives me a headache. 

What's DOS?
0 Kudos

Betreff: E420s battery problems

im having the exact same problem also. Got any fix for that?