Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Community Spotlight

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

Check out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Visit the Community Spotlight Blog
Windows  10

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

ThinkPad Edge15 – strange problem, may be keyboard or something else

I am using Edge15 laptop for last one month. It is a new computer & just purchased. I am facing a strange problem with the laptop. The volume control, camera control, dispaly brightness control screens are automatically appearing & sequentially. After this event, I am unable to use the keypad and if I press "A", it is typing another / different script or language letter. I am struggling because of this issue. I have even contacted the Lenovo technical support and not receiving sufficient support. Initially they guided wrongly to use the PC Doctor for Edge 13. No use...ultimately I found a correct file for Edge15. Spent about 5 hrs and run the diagonisis. All tests were passed. Next day contacted again the Lenovo support tem and mentioned the results. Then they sent the recovery CD. Again spend about 5 hours for factory recovery. Even after that, the problem remains as earlier.

Am I the only one facing this problem? Please share if any of you faced the same issue & later on solved it. At the moment, I am not satisfied with laptop performance and wasting lot hours. I would appreciate some light for this issue........

Paper Tape
0 Kudos

Re: ThinkPad Edge15 – strange problem, may be keyboard or something else

Hi, I have similar problem. ThinkPad Edge 15. Don't work combinations FnF4-FnF12, but F1-F12 is work correctly. Keyboard diagnostic tool (interactive test in ThinkVantage ToolBox) indicate only FnF1-FnF3 combination. But then instead of FnF10 indicate F10. Can anybody help me?

Highlighted
Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

As I can see lot of people viewed this thread but not much response. However the same issue floating in another thread:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Edge/thinkpad-edge-15-keyboard-problem/m-p/483761#M4184

Community Moderator
0 Kudos