Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

05-07-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

Mouse freeze on Yoga C940-15IRH when external monitors connected

2020-05-07, 19:08 PM

This only happens when I have external monitors (either one or two) connected. I'm using USB3 to DisplayPort cables to a pair of Lenovo L24Q-20 monitors.

Whenever the external monitors are attached, if I type in any application, the mouse will not respond to movement for 1-3 seconds, after which it is fine. This is consistent, replicable behaviour, and incredibly frustrating as I used this machine for development. It's almost like typing puts the mouse to sleep, and there's a delay in it waking.

My BIOS is BSCN27WW, all drivers are the latest, and Windows 10 Home is updated. This happens when the preferred graphics processor is set to either NVIDIA or integrated. Having the touchpad enabled or disabled during mouse use makes no difference.

The mouse is a current model Microsoft bluetooth mouse - an older MS mouse with a separate USB bluetooth dongle exhibits the same behaviour. I don't have a USB cord mouse to test that behaviour to see if it's bluetooth related or not.

Any ideas? My 6you Thinkpad that this is the replacement machine for never had this issue, and it was Windows 10 as well.

Options

1 Posts

06-15-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Mouse freeze on Yoga C940-15IRH when external monitors connected

2020-06-15, 11:07 AM

I have a new Yoga C640 with the same problem when using 2 external monitors. It does not happen on laptop screen.

The mouse randomly hiccups and it is annoying.

What's the solution for this?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms