Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad Chromebooks: 11e, X and Yoga
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

04-01-2017

United States of America

2 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 1 of 2

Slow Internet on Yoga C940-14IIL

2020-07-06, 19:52 PM

I purchased a new Lenovo Yoga C940 last week and noticed that the internet speeds on it are very slow. Other devices in my house (other laptops, phones, etc.) don't have the same internet speeds, and the speeds are slow regardless of where I am in the house, so it doesn't appear to be an issue with my internet. With my service, I should be getting 20 Mbps down/5Mbps up, but when I perform speed checks, my laptop is around 0.6 Mbps down/4 Mbps up.  These are the steps I've tried so far to get my internet speed back, but none work:

- Updated WiFi drivers (my Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz firmware version is 21.90.3.2)

- Checked for and installed additional drivers through Intel Driver and Support Assistant, so all other drivers are also up-to-date

- Turned WiFi off and back on again

- Restarted machine

I will say that when I restart my machine, I can briefly get my 20 down/5 up speeds if the first thing I do is check my internet speed. However, after less than a minute, the speeds go back down. The machine is up to date on Windows updates as well, which I know can slow down speeds. Is there anything else I can try to get an acceptable internet speed?

Options

117 Posts

05-26-2020

India

28 Signins

465 Page Views

• Views: 465
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Slow Internet on Yoga C940-14IIL

2020-08-10, 10:59 AM

How many devices in your possession use the Wifi Internet?

As the number of devices connected to the internet increases, the Internet speed per device decreases.

I advise you to check the juice every device gets.

And also see what is the maximum processing power of the laptop CPU with respect to Download and upload.

The CPU processing speed of the laptop may be a bottleneck in this case.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms