Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

04-08-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 6

ThinkPad X1 Yoga touchscreen not working

2020-04-08, 23:26 PM

Please help!!  I am a hs math teacher and I use my ThinkPad X1 Yoga all the time, to make answer keys, teach lessons (now that we have switched to distance learning), etc.  Yesterday, I used Vantage to update drivers, firmware, and bios.  But by the time it was done, my touchscreen no longer worked.  Nothing happened anywhere I touched the screen, both in normal position and in tablet mode.  I tried multiple styluses in case the battery ran out. Computer only responds to touchpad, mouse and keyboard.

I tried 5 hours today go get it to work: 

1. HID-compliant Device touchscreen - update drivers (best already installed), disable enable,  uninstall (restarting in between each)
  2. Download and reinstall Wacom drivers both from Wacom website and Lenovo website (error message - tablet device not found)
  3. Shut down and held power button down for a minute
  4. Update using Windows Update
  5. Perform system restore (every time it tries, I get a error message - cannot complete restore; cannot access [OneDrive file associated with work]
  6. I searched for the error code, and came upon a post from MS community saying to use the Media Creation Tool to restore
  7. Used Media Creation Tool to install Windows 10 Home

PLEASE HELP!  Of course, the warranty expired in December (when I did try to extend the warranty in December, nothing happened, then I had to turn my attention to school work).  I need this computer to work so I can teach!

Options

1 Posts

02-13-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:ThinkPad X1 Yoga touchscreen not working

2021-02-13, 13:27 PM

Did you ever get a resolution with your touch screen issue? I recently started having the same issue.

Options

3684 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

791 Signins

19112 Page Views

• Views: 19112
  • Message 3 of 6

2021-02-16, 13:36 PM

Hi there!

Welcome to community forums

Sorry for the delay. Did you reset the unit to factory defaults and still the issue persists? Which generation of Thinkpad X1 Yoga is your machine?
If its an X1 Yoga 5th Gen (Type 20UB 20UC) Laptop (ThinkPad), you have an option to install the previous BIOS/firmware version however, I would suggest you read the text file before proceeding here: https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/n2wuj10w.exe

If its an X1 Yoga 4th Gen (Type 20QF, 20QG) Laptop (ThinkPad), you can get it here: https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/n2huj34w.exe

If its an X1 Yoga 3rd Gen (Type 20LD, 20LE, 20LF, 20LG) Laptop (ThinkPad), get it from here: https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/n25uj31w.exe

Before proceeding, backup files and disable the Secure Rollback Prevention in the BIOS, under the Security tab then save it by pressing the f10 key

Let us know how it goes.

Jwes_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

3 Posts

01-13-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 4 of 6

2021-02-20, 10:35 AM

Hello @swonghphs,

1. If you have OS in the Laptop. Then, Go to Device Manager and check if the touchscreen is OK.
  2. If you have Window 10 in the Laptop. Then, Right click on the Start button and click on the Device Manager link.
  3. In the Device Manager, scroll down to Human Interface Devices and click on the > symbol to the left to expand the list.
  4. If the HID - Compliant Touchscreen entry has a red cross next to it, right click on the entry and select Enable and check if the touchscreen works.

Regards!

Options

2 Posts

02-20-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 20
  • Message 5 of 6

2021-02-20, 22:10 PM

hi, i have just purchased a lenovo yoga, and the touchscreen is not working. i have been into device manager, and cannot find HID touch screen compliant so cannot activate it.... help!!

Options

3684 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

791 Signins

19112 Page Views

• Views: 19112
  • Message 6 of 6

2021-02-24, 17:06 PM

Hi nick2501!

Greetings

Do you have the same laptop model? If yes, have you tried the suggested steps above? What are the steps you've done so far? Let us know.

Jwes_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms