Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobblanchett
Blue Screen Again
Views: 455
Message 1 of 2

11e 3gen 20GD chromebook not booting but wireless indicator flashes

Gidday,

I have a 11e 3rdgen chromebook (20GD-0004AU)

• The system will not power on, POST or light the screen (on battery or AC charger). Holding the  power button down for 8 seconds does nothing.
  • The AC charging light to the right of the charging port does not light when the charging plug is inserted (off known good power sockets, the mains cable is correctly seated in the model ADLX45NCC3A brick)
  • The System Status Indicators on both the outer lid and palm rest remain off and do not flash to indicate charging, sleep or boot-in-progress.

Ordinarily, I'd suspect a charging socket fault or battery,dud brick or cable or even mainboard but this is the weird thing:

1. The Wireless Status Indicator on the leading edge of the outer lid blinks once a minute, on or off AC

2. putting my ear to the palm rest, I                  can hear a 5s extremely faint                          electronic leak/squeak every 15s on              or off AC

Possibly the battery lead isn't correctly seated, but I didn't want to pop the back cover until checking around and also getting a known good brick, mains cable and charging cable plugged in to isolate the fault from the power cabling respect.

Could it be a sleep/hibernation/lid closed SNAFU?

What hard reset options do I have?

Highlighted
bobblanchett
Blue Screen Again
Views: 445
Message 2 of 2

Re: 11e 3gen 20GD chromebook not booting but wireless indicator flashes

Well.

Oh thank eff For that. 

I finally tried the hard reset (refresh &power)
Seemed to do nothing (no status indicators lit)
then it rebooted about 30s later without data loss I logged in normally and the charging and status indicators lighting up correctly.

If I suspect anything some kind of hibernation/sleep issue..

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors