Did you mean: 
Highlighted
adramirez
What's DOS?
Views: 1,289
Message 1 of 3

20DB lenovo 11e Chromebook Not Booting/ Repair mode Constant Loading from usb

Hello, 

I am a computer technician at Patterson Joint Unified, and we have some 3000+ chromebook devices deployed for our 1:web .   Recently students have been bring me devices that fail to boot, i can enter powerwash but after that completes it goes to a black screen, i have tried repairs via recovery usb but all it does is load no matter the length of time. im suspecting the ssd/ flash memory is bad on  these devices which is causing the no boot. is there anyway to test for sure, i have had about 8 of these within a short time period. any help is greatly apreciated thank you, and happy holidays

billgrove
Fanfold Paper
Views: 790
Message 2 of 3

Re: 20DB lenovo 11e Chromebook Not Booting/ Repair mode Constant Loading from usb

Did you ever find a solution?  Same thing here.  I have a few thousand in a school system and had maybe one that did this in the past year.  Now, in the past few months I have 10. Nothing seems to get them to properly recover.  They just sit in recovery like it's reloading the OS but never completes.

RandySmith
Punch Card
Views: 735
Message 3 of 3

Re: 20DB lenovo 11e Chromebook Not Booting/ Repair mode Constant Loading from usb

If you press tab on the OS missing or damaged screen what is the recovery reason.  Ever since V.59 we are seeing a HUGE spike in systems failing with no solution as of yet aside from a systembaord replacement.  The main errors we are seeing are the 0x5b no bootable kernel found on disk.  There is a bug opened on the chromium forum, but no solution as of yet.  This is happening on the N series chromebooks as well as the 11e gen 1 models.

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=760232&can=1&q=kernel&sort=-modified&colspec=I...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals