Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davy49
Punch Card
Views: 435
Message 1 of 5

Easy Way To Find Serial Number On Thinkpad X131e

Hi,

I recently purchased a refurbished Thinkpad X131e from an online retailer, at least to me..it's in virtually 'like new' condition. As this is my very first chromebook device, I'm in the learning process, is there an easy way to determine what my serial numer is, as the original factory supplied label has been removed. There is in fact a 'replacement' label that's been applied to the bottom of my thinkpad, I'm really just wanting to 'verify' that the serial numer that's printed on that label is in fact the correct one. Also, while I'm thinking about it, is it 'normal' for my chromebook to power on automatically when I open the lid without even having to press the power button ?

Thanks,

David Man Indifferent

Guru
Views: 402
Message 2 of 5

Re: Easy Way To Find Serial Number On Thinkpad X131e

See below for serial number.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/HT118090

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may help other forum members as well.
TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Davy49
Punch Card
Views: 390
Message 3 of 5

Hi green5178,

Thanks for your reply..however, I really don't think that it applies to my chromebook, because mine is running thr chrome operating system, Not windows or Android.

David

Guru
Views: 383
Message 4 of 5

Sorry.  According to the HMM(Hardware Maintenance Manual) the serial number is under the battery?  I know you mentioned that there was a "replacement label" in the bottom?  What about under the battey?

https://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/x131e_chrome_hmm_en_0c10473_02.pdf

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may help other forum members as well.
TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

HarryWilson
SCSI Port
Views: 322
Message 5 of 5

There are at least two options.  Easiest is to press Alt+V at the welcome screen, which will place the serial number in the upper right side of the screen.
You could use the command "vpd -l" from a root prompt, but you'd have to be in developer mode for that, and that would be several steps... just use Alt V!
And yes, there is a magnet and a sensor in the chromebooks set up to turn the device on when the lid is opened.  That is normal.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals