05-28-2018

US

5 Signins

49 Page Views

• Views: 49
  • Message 1 of 3

ThinkPad 13 Chromebook

2019-11-20, 4:41 AM

I have a fully functional digital projector. I have connected it to my chromebook via multiple methods including 

USB A (at Chromebook) to USB - B (multiple different cables)

USB C to to USB A

The chromebook only has USB A and USB C  ports (and an sd card slot which is presumably not relevant).

No matter the connection, the chromebook's only option in the "Display" setting is for internal display.   If there is another location for triggering the device to detect the external display besides the sytem setting named "Display" I have not found it.

Options

459 Posts

05-02-2019

US

322 Signins

7862 Page Views

• Views: 7862
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: ThinkPad 13 Chromebook

2019-11-20, 17:28 PM

Hi !

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums.

Based on the product specification of the ThinkPad 13 Chromebook, the USB Type-C ports can only supoort charging and not able to produce display. 

Refer to this link: https://psref.lenovo.com/Product/ThinkPad/ThinkPad_13_Chromebook

As an alternative, we recommend that you use display casting if you want to use an external display.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

9 Posts

05-28-2018

US

5 Signins

49 Page Views

• Views: 49
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: ThinkPad 13 Chromebook

2019-11-20, 23:06 PM

It's odd because  while I was thewaiting I found that the manual specifically references a Lenovo adapter for usb-c to HDMI for video.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete