Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

09-27-2016

Canada

4 Signins

59 Page Views

• Views: 59
  • Message 1 of 3

ThinkPad X1 Yoga - TrackPoint Sensitivity

2016-09-27, 23:54 PM

I've owned ThinkPad laptops for the past 20 years.  My most recent purchase was a ThinkPad X1 Yoga running Windows 10.  My prior version was a ThinkPad Edge 520 with Windows 7.

What I've noticed is that the "sensitivity" option is no longer available for the TrackPoint mouse.  I've attached a screenshot of the old Ultranav utility which allowed for the sensitivity to be adjusted from Light to Heavy touch.  On the new version, there is only the option to adjust the speed from Slow to Fast (which was also available on the prior version).

I have no idea what the sensitivity is set by default, but it's definitely not a Light touch.  This is annoying especially if you have to scroll through log pages (web page or documents).  This is a real annoyance because it is so much more diffcult to use the TrackPoint, so much so, I'm debating whether to buy a mouse, which I haven't used in over 20 years.

Anyway we could get UltraNav to add that functionality in soon???

Options

28 Posts

08-20-2015

United States of America

41 Signins

496 Page Views

• Views: 496
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: ThinkPad X1 Yoga - TrackPoint Sensitivity

2017-08-22, 22:25 PM

Thanks for posting this. I have this issue with the X1 gen 5 carbon and I think you've pinpointed the cause - no sensitivity adjustment option. Here's a related topic: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-5th-gen-thinkpad-trackpoint/m-p/3779395#M79106

Might just have to try putting a ticket in about it.

Options

28 Posts

08-20-2015

United States of America

41 Signins

496 Page Views

• Views: 496
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: ThinkPad X1 Yoga - TrackPoint Sensitivity

2017-11-14, 18:39 PM

So I've had my X1C 5th gen for about 8 months and just replaced the original trackpoint with a fresh one (part number 4XH0L55146). The original was gray and cleaning didn't brighten it up. And I'm happy to say that the new one is much more sensitive! In fact, I would venture to say that it is sensitive enough! 

I knew these are consumables, but perhaps we should think of them as more consumable than just replace it when it looks gross - replace it when it feels sluggish. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms