cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hollander
What's DOS?
Views: 1,821
Message 1 of 3

X131E, Scanning Serial Number Barcode for inventory purposes in EDU setting. What freaking scanner?!

OK my EDU and or business techy friends with a fleet of Lenovo x131e's! I need help! Not really  tech question per say but here goes...

We have hundreds of the Lenovo x131e's and we need to inventory them in and out supervisor wants us to scan the serial number bar code located under the battery as part of the process.  We have Honeywell and Symbol scanners on hand and NONE of them will read the barcodes.

Does anyone have any suggestions on making scanners work on these barcodes OR can anyone suggest any scanners that will read them? Our scanners read the barcodes on the Lenovo 11e just fine, just not the x131e.

We started manually typing in the serials into our spread sheet but the boss wants them scanned so there are no mistakes. I think he would rather buy a new scanner if need be.

Lenovo Employee tlawson
Lenovo Employee
Views: 1,762
Message 2 of 3

Re: X131E, Scanning Serial Number Barcode for inventory purposes in EDU setting. What freaking scann

Hollander,

I dont have a barcode scanner but my best guess is to look into the barcode scanner itself and see if there is a way to add barcode fonts to the scanner.  In a previous job, we had to add specific fonts to read barcodes from a shipping service and were able to do this, just had to work with the devices we were using so they could read the barcode.  I would think that the barcode font on the X131e's would be the same as the barcode font on any other Lenovo device.

HTH,

Tlawson

RandySmith
Punch Card
Views: 1,172
Message 3 of 3

Re: X131E, Scanning Serial Number Barcode for inventory purposes in EDU setting. What freaking scann

Symbol LS2208 relatively low cost scanner, works on all Cbs aside from QR codes and inverted barcodes.  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals