Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Evanesco
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,184
Message 1 of 8

Yoga 11e - TouchPad Freezing

This Lenovo Yoga 11e Chromebook was issued to me by my school. I've had it for a little while now, and I've kept it in excellent condition. However, very recently, the touchpad started freezing for up to 15 or so seconds at a time. It also clicks randomly some times when I only intend to move the cursor. Some times the place that the cursor is when I click isn't the place on the screen that actually gets clicked, as if something needs to be recalibrated.

The reason I mentioned this was a school-issued Chromebook is because that means I cannot alter the device in anyway. So, I can't really uninstall and reinstall any drivers.

If, before the school year ends, I have no success, I will take the device to tech support and instead of getting the issue actually taken care of, I will be issued a new Chromebook.

If there's any information I need to provide so that you can help me out, please request it and it will be provided. Thank you!

rfkuclatech
Paper Tape
Views: 3,030
Message 2 of 8

Re: Yoga 11e - TouchPad Freezing

Seems to exhibit this issue most when Chromebook video/processing hits peak.  

Thusfar no response or fixes found on my end either.  Unfortunately I've got the same issue times 188 Chromebooks.  5 entire mobile carts of malfunctioning Chromebooks. 

Stellar investment!  =/

alouiesfs
What's DOS?
Views: 2,974
Message 3 of 8

I have the same issues as well with many of the Chromebooks. Erratic touchpad right out of the box on first boot up. So no solutions yet?

rfkuclatech
Paper Tape
Views: 2,967
Message 4 of 8

No fix so far, however I am working with our vendor as they're trying very hard NOT to have us return all 180 devices. 

At this point, it's up in the air as to what's causing the issue, however we're looking into the OS itelsf as well and seeking help from Google to identify the issue.  

These machines are all managed by an MDM (Google Admin Console), which we wonder if it has something to do with it.  I'll be removing 3 devices from the Console and will test to narrow down our theories. 

I'll be posting as updates arise. 

alouiesfs
What's DOS?
Views: 2,961
Message 5 of 8

It looks like there was an update released yesterday, 43.0.2357.81.

In my limited testing, it seems to have addressed the problem. The stuttering trackpad movement seems to have gone away. I  don't think its a MDM issue as I had trouble upon first boot up right out of the box. 

rfkuclatech
Paper Tape
Views: 2,950
Message 6 of 8

Thanks, @Alouiesfs! I had three Chromebooks de-provisioned from the console today and all three are now running smoothly after automatically picking up OS v43.0.2357.81. So far so good, will chime in with further findings..
rfkuclatech
Paper Tape
Views: 2,934
Message 7 of 8

Well, so far the deprovisioned Chromebooks are operating on v43.0.2357.81 Stable Channel, per the auto update.  

However, the managed devices only auto update to v.42.0.2311.153 (Platform 6812.88.0), despite Console Admin clearing us to upgrade to the latest stable build.  That leaves us with a whole lotta non-working machines, per existing Domain OU. 

I guess this one goes under the "Pro's/Con's" when weighing the benefits to managing your own chromebooks by way of Google's MDM. 

R_kharel
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,847
Message 8 of 8

Hi Evanesco,
If you have same problems still and not resolved please send to your technology department for further assistance. They will take care that issue. They can send to repair or they will repair on their depot. Thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals