Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SHALOMCAFE
Paper Tape
Views: 224
Message 1 of 3

write-protection switch on lenovo x131E

I am trying to switch off write protection on my Lenovo X131E Chromebook. I have open up it up but couldn't find the switch. Can anyone please help me?

Highlighted
SHALOMCAFE
Paper Tape
Views: 190
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo x131e Chromebook not starting after write-protection switch toggled

Please how did you switch the write protection off as I am struggling to find the switch.
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 79
Message 3 of 3

Re: write-protection switch on lenovo x131E

Hello SHALOMCAFE!

Welcome to the Community!

By default, the on-board Read-Only Memories (ROMs) are set as write-protected. Before refreshing the
Chromebook firmware, set the ROMs as unprotected by flipping the write-protect switch on the system
board.

To flip the write-protect switch, do the following:
1. Disconnect the ac power adapter and all cables from the computer, and then remove the battery pack.
See "1010 Battery pack" on page 33.
2. Remove the bottom slot cover. See "1020 Bottom slot cover" on page 34.
3. Depending on the model type, do the following:
• For models with a hard disk drive or solid-state drive installed, remove the hard disk drive or
solid-state drive. See "1070 Hard disk drive or solid-state drive assembly" on page 39.
• For models with an empty hard disk drive bracket installed, remove the hard disk drive bracket.
See "1080 Hard disk drive bracket" on page 40.
4. Remove the keyboard. See "1090 Keyboard" on page 41.
5. Remove the keyboard bezel assembly. See "1110 Keyboard bezel assembly" on page 44.
6. Locate the write-protect switch on the system board.

.To turn off the write-protect function, flip the write-protect switch to the left 

. To turn on the write-protect function, flip the write-protect switch to the right
7. After you have flipped the write-protect switch, reassemble the computer. Reinstall the battery back and
reconnect the ac power adapter and all cables.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals