Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: L, R and SL series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

12 Posts

04-14-2019

United States of America

13 Signins

145 Page Views

• Views: 145
  • Message 1 of 6

A Lenovo-supported way to keep keyboard backlight on

2019-04-18, 3:15 AM

Lenovo,

Please listen to your customers. We have been asking for a way to keey the keyboard backlight ON after sleep, restarting, etc.

Even if this is a setting within the Lenovo software and not a default behavior. Fine. There needs to be a way to do this.

Look at all the people asking!

https://www.google.com/search?q=thinkpad+keep+backlight+on+site:forums.lenovo.com&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS825US825&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwio-rLd1NjhAhVIR60KHfM8DSgQrQIoBDAKegQIAhAL&biw=1920&bih=947

Options

296 Posts

08-02-2018

Philippines

243 Signins

957 Page Views

• Views: 957
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: A Lenovo-supported way to keep keyboard backlight on

2019-05-03, 13:27 PM

Hi MSwengel! 

Welcome to the community forums. 

I found this related forum thread. See if the steps will work on your laptop: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Automatically-Enable-Backlit-keyboard-on-Lenovo-P51s/m-p/3702887#M67850

Regards,

Matt_lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

62 Posts

05-28-2017

France

88 Signins

572 Page Views

• Views: 572
  • Message 3 of 6

2019-05-05, 5:11 AM

Yes some  people at Lenovo refuse to help their customers who are not big companies. People at Lenovo prefer to let their private consumers fix the lack of feature. Fortunately, the consummers are better than the people at LEnovo. here is how to get the keyboard to lit automatically  https://github.com/JooJooBee666/LBCService

Options

0 Posts

01-25-2020

United States of America

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 4 of 6

2020-01-25, 20:24 PM

Not exactly user friendly but after installing several files (now at 1.5.0.0  https://github.com/JooJooBee666/LBCService/releases/tag/1.5.0.0) it seems to work. Shame Lenovo can't be bothered to add this simple feature. This has bugged me ever since changing from an HP Envy. It took me most of the day to find this and get it working.

I tried LEDControl which also allowed the power LED to be used as a hard disk activity light. It worked but was very buggy on my X1 Extreme - keyboard stopped working and the fan ran continuously. Pity as I also miss the HDD light.

Options

1 Posts

04-13-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 5 of 6

Re:A Lenovo-supported way to keep keyboard backlight on

2020-04-13, 21:43 PM

I recently purchased a L390 Yoga. And our company plans to buy about 2 dozen. I'd like to find a solution for this too. I looked at these links posted but didn't really find a valid solution. And do not see a Lenovo Application service exe to install. And also looked at the drivers/software to download for Lenovo L390 Yoga and didn't see a Lenovo Service app either. Any info appreciated. 

Options

1 Posts

12-18-2019

United States of America

5 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 6 of 6

Re:A Lenovo-supported way to keep keyboard backlight on

2020-09-25, 11:22 AM

I want to add my frustration that Lenovo seemingly cannot be bothered to support this most simple and basic request for a feature that was present on my last two Lenovo PC's that I've used for the previous 20 years!  I have a P73 20QR ThinkPad and have to reach for the Fn+Space each and everytime it comes out of sleep.  It's a continuous reminder of Lenovo's lack of interest in customer service.  I understand it likely requires a firmware mod and hope that some new firmware release will eventually contain this simple fix.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms