Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: L, R and SL series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

06-12-2009

Israel

6 Signins

42 Page Views

• Views: 42
  • Message 1 of 4

BlueTooth Update Error (Internal Error 2753, F84988_btins.dll)

2009-06-13, 13:00 PM

Hello All,

Hope someone may be able to sort this one out for me; my efforts so far have been useless :(

I am using a ThinkPad R60e (model # 0657-3LG), running Win-XP-Home Premium - SP3, with BlueTooth built-in; it worked fine until a few days ago, when I allowed ThinkPad SystemUpdate to attempt to update its driver (Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate Software) to its most current version (5.5.0.6400).

For the first time in its over two years life, SystemUpdate STALLED during the update (never done that for ANY piece of software, application or driver!).

I had to "brutally" abort it (after several hours of wait), and tried again: same result.

I downloaded the update from Lenovo's Web site, and tried to run it manually (not under the SystemUpdate services): again, it stalled eventually.

Assuming an incomplete update was performed, I entered the Windows Control Panel, and went through an UNinstall of the software (to clean the area), closed the Bluetooth radio, and done a reboot.

Further to which, I restarted the Bluetooth radio, cancelled the Windows' "detected new hardware" pop-up, and tried to install the driver anew (from the file I previously downloaded); complete failure, with a pop-up stating "Internal Error 2753, F84988_btins.dll".

Repeated attempts, produced the same result; this time, the software no longer appears however under the Windows' Control Panel's "Add/ Remove Programs" (incomplete install ...)

Under the Device Manager, I was able to bring the device back to life by "rolling-back" the driver (although the "back" shows now version 5.5.0.6500", which is the current one), but there are no icons (either in the SysTray or on the Desktop) through which I can access "My Bluetooth Places".

In view of the above, and as I should like to restore Bluetooth functionality:

1. Any ideas what the said error means, and how it should be handled?

2. Any way to COMPLETELY clean any trace of Bluetooth installation, to enable me start PERFECTLY clean with a new install?

3. Assuming that MAYBE the installer conflicts with some other software that runs in the background, can the R60e be started in Safe Mode, and -- if so -- can the Installer run in this mode? (alternatively, what is the minimum configuration that allows the ThinkPad to start and enable the Installer to run?)

4. Any other productive suggestions will be most welcome.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Rougena

Options

3 Posts

06-12-2009

Israel

6 Signins

42 Page Views

• Views: 42
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: BlueTooth Update Error (Internal Error 2753, F84988_btins.dll)

2009-06-18, 7:32 AM

Hello All,

Is anybody monitoring these Forums?

I REALLY could use a helping hand here ...

Thanks,

Rougena

Options

7 Posts

11-06-2008

Townsville, QLD, Australia

13 Signins

88 Page Views

• Views: 88
  • Message 3 of 4

2009-07-01, 23:42 PM

Hi Rougena,

I am sorry I think I am the only one reply you.

And even I do not anwser your question, I post because I have the same problem either.

My situation is similar that the bluetooth driver never update through Thinkvantage system update.

So I run the manual one to update it.

The wrror info showed my screen is a bit different from yours.

Mine is "internal error 2229, launchcondition" 

I have search around the internet, but no anwser either.

That's why it lead me to your post.>_<

What useful info I got so far?

From Broadcom website, they said if the bluetooth works well, then dont need to update to the lastest one.

However, mine didnt work well, when I connect to my logitech bluetooth keyboard, it always has problem to paired.

I hope the IT person in IBM/Lenono will notice this problem and resolove it soon.

Colin

Options

1 Posts

02-06-2013

Qatar

2 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 4 of 4

2013-02-06, 9:28 AM

install the windows install Clean up

next choose the bluthooth  - Click on Remove.

after install the you bluthooth Sotware.

Please send your feedback : misbahkky@yahoo.com

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms