Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: L, R and SL series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-08-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 4

Connecting my L13 Yoga to my Kawai Piano

2021-07-08, 16:36 PM

I have just bought a new Think pad, everything is going well. But I got stuck I can not connect my Kawai paino to my laptop via the midi usb like i used to with my old yoga. 

I use flow key - so it hears what i play as well as play via my speakers. My laptop registers that I have inserted a midi device but when i am on my app if can't find it, yes on my old laptop it still works just fine. I searched for a driver.. and found an answer here involved me to disable smart sound technology intel r sst audio controller. when i did that the app was able to recognise I have my keyboard connected but then my speakers would not work. 

Hence I have reenable the above to take me back to my original problem.

Please help.

Heidi

Options

3289 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

260 Signins

16655 Page Views

• Views: 16655
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Connecting my L13 Yoga to my Kawai Piano

2021-07-08, 16:53 PM

Hello HeidiH12,

Welcome to Lenovo Community

To get started, kindly go to the BIOS menu, load the default settings then save and exit.
Next step is to go to the support site, download and install the latest drivers, firmware and BIOS.
Remove and reconnect your Kawai Piano.
Observe and update us how it goes.

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

07-08-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-07-08, 16:58 PM

sadly you have to go baby steps with me - i had to look up bios! lol 

the problem is i don't know what driver i need? (It just works with my old yoga.. without needing to do anything)

Heidi :)

Options

2618 Posts

04-17-2014

United States of America

3538 Signins

43895 Page Views

• Views: 43895
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-07-10, 2:45 AM

Hi there,

You may need to download drivers from Kawai directly.  I'm not too familiar with their products, but here is a site listing the downloads: Downloads | Support | Kawai Musical Instruments Manufacturing Co., Ltd. (kawai-global.com)

Would also suggest reaching out to Kawai directly to see if there's a specific driver that needs to be downloaded.

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate. I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Please do not PM me for individual requests... please post to the forums instead :)

Lenovo Forums have transitioned to a new platform. The team is working hard to bring new features and make the forums better than it was before!

The 'Search' function is currently down. In the interim, please get help through browser searches.

Please ensure the option 'Subscribe me automatically to all discussions I have participated in' is enabled under your forum settings. That way, you'll be notified if anyone replies to your thread!

Communities:    Moto English     English     Deutsche     Español     Portugues     Русскоязычное     Česká     Slovenská     Українська   

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms