Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: L, R and SL series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

06-26-2021

Sweden

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 2

L380 Fan Error on Boot

2021-06-26, 13:39 PM

Hi!

Evere since purchasing my L380 a year ago, it has had an intermittent issue where it refuses to boot and shows the BIOS message "Fan Error" on screen.

It seems like the fan gets stuck and I've managed to get it going again by inserting a very thin needle though the fan grate on the bottom of the case and moving the fan blades slightly. This occured even when I turned the computer on for the first time after puchasing my factory new unit.

Is this a manufacturing error or something wrong with the BIOS? It's been happening maybe one a month or so ever since I got the computer and has not seemed to change with BIOS updates.

I'm currently on BIOS version 1.26, which I think is the current one.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Options

3320 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

261 Signins

16770 Page Views

• Views: 16770
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:L380 Fan Error on Boot

2021-06-26, 15:02 PM

Hello samuzamu,

Welcome to Lenovo Community

Actually, you should have reported the fan error to the tech support the first time it occurred.
For the meantime, try loading the BIOS default settings, be sure to save and exit.
Then check for BIOS update thru the support site.
Update us how it goes

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms