Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: L, R and SL series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

01-20-2009

Turkey

13 Signins

92 Page Views

• Views: 92
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Drivers and Power Manager Requests ( lets get rid of crapware) NOT SOLVED

2009-02-10, 13:18 PM

I am a user of sl500 2746a18 model. I used several notebooks before that. This is a relatively high performance notebook and people pay for that hardware.But the power of the hardware cant be used because of the awkward software and driver utilities. Because of that people cant get what they expect and many people disappointed. Actually i am disappointed too. As a customer i request also suggest some important things. And i am assuming that my requests will be cared for comfort and satisfaction of all lenovo-ibm users.

1) Drivers and utilities must be developed from the beginning.They are full of crapware. For both xp and vista all drivers and utilities must ve developed for less system resources and they should not slow down the system. I think dot net is not correct development environment for that . After development system booting time and system resources and stability must be tested.

One imortant point is the power manager.With the power manager lenovo sl500 booting win xp totally takes 1 mins and 50 seconds and its too long. In the forums this problem is identified as solved but the solution is not working.Removing the power manager system booting takes 1 min and 10 seconds.But other crapwares still slow down the system.

2) Lenovo team must prepare a driver autoinstaller cd.This cd should include only drivers and some utilities which have to be installed after clean install.For other softwares which are optional (for example mcafee,rescue and recovery utility,lenovo care, access connections etc) a seperate installer cd must be prepared. And thoose driver disks must be available as downloadable iso files on lenovo web site.Think vantage software updater is good option too but it takes too long and after every os install user must be online and wait for download.Best option is driver installer cd. Some manufacturers prepare those kind of disks. ( for example hp)

I opened this for not for just my satisfaction as a customer but also every other customers who bought lenovo notebooks. If thoose problems are not solved i will be really not satisfied about my lenovo notebook,also  will be disappointed and i will never buy lenovo product,never offer  and let the company i work buy thoose products.  But i am assuming and hoping that lenovo-ibm is going to care about our satisfaction.

Message Edited by muraxz on 02-10-2009 10:46 AM
Message Edited by muraxz on 02-10-2009 10:49 AM
Options

10 Posts

01-25-2009

Yazd

14 Signins

162 Page Views

• Views: 162
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Drivers and Power Manager Requests About Crapwares

2009-02-10, 17:13 PM

I agree with you.

we should not need install .net framework

Options

10 Posts

02-20-2009

Chicago

14 Signins

318 Page Views

• Views: 318
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Drivers and Power Manager Requests ( lets get rid of crapware) NOT SOLVED

2009-02-27, 18:08 PM
I agree with you as well.  Only drivers and some utilities which have to be installed after clean install.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms