Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: L, R and SL series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-17-2020

Philippines

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo IdeapadL340 Gaming 2019 Edition

2020-07-17, 2:27 AM

May I know if keeping my Lenovo Ideapad L340 Gaming laptop plugged in all the time may cause bad things to the battery?

I've read many articles saying that the laptop runs on the power outlet once the battery is at 100% but what does it do to the battery? 

The laptop for me performs significantly better when plugged in so I really want to know if I could just plug it in all the time. 

Answer
Options

726 Posts

03-11-2020

Norway

81 Signins

4423 Page Views

• Views: 4423

Re:Lenovo IdeapadL340 Gaming 2019 Edition

2020-07-17, 8:19 AM

Hi,

Welcome to the Lenovo forum community!

There should be no issue with you running it plugged in all the time, Your battery may degrade over time, but a way to mitigate that would be to activate the battery conservation option, in the Lenovo Vantage application, which will only charge the batteries up to 60%.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Replies(2)
Answer
Options

726 Posts

03-11-2020

Norway

81 Signins

4423 Page Views

• Views: 4423
  • Message 2 of 3

2020-07-17, 8:19 AM

Hi,

Welcome to the Lenovo forum community!

There should be no issue with you running it plugged in all the time, Your battery may degrade over time, but a way to mitigate that would be to activate the battery conservation option, in the Lenovo Vantage application, which will only charge the batteries up to 60%.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

1 Posts

07-24-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 3

2020-07-24, 11:51 AM

Bonjour, 

Je souhaite avoir 2 écrans externes pour travailler sur  2 écrans différents  en plus de l'écran du laptop . Mais je n'ai qu'une seule  sortie HDMI

Est ce que certains ont trouvé une solution ?

Est ce qu'il faut acheter une carte graphique externe  branchée sur un port USB  Classique ?? ou autre solution moins coûteuse ??

Merci pour  votre aide

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms