Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: L, R and SL series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

85 Posts

11-29-2008

Bonaire, Ga.

259 Signins

2381 Page Views

• Views: 2381
  • Message 1 of 3

My Lenovo Experience.

2008-12-14, 14:25 PM

Just wanted to comment on my experience with the purchase of my new SL 500.

The ordering, shipping, performance (so far), has been relatively seamless compared with some of those posted here.

This is  a fantastic machine. Sure, there are one or two things I wish I'd have opted for and I'm sure I'll pop back in to ask some questions regarding my laptop but, all in all I couldn't ask for a more pleasurable purchase experience.

The last part of my order is on it's way from Hong Kong ....the bag.  :smileyhappy:

Thanks Lenovo!

SL500 2746 CTO, 2.0 7370, 3 GB ram, Vista Hm. Prem.SP2
Bios ver. 1.24
Options

78 Posts

12-11-2008

California

100 Signins

564 Page Views

• Views: 564
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: My Lenovo Experience.

2008-12-15, 9:09 AM

I agree, ordering, shipping, etc. were no problem for me.  I'm not having any major issues with my SL500.  Just 1 minor one which probably will get fixed with an updated driver to something.  Too bad to hear horror stories from others...

- The glossy lid: not a big deal.

- Red thinkpad dot-light on the lid: whats the point, but then again im just being nitpicky.

- Supposed continuous fan: it's not that loud is it? it doesn't bother me.  

- Supposed clacky keyboard: mine sounds just fine, bit of flex tho around the Q area.

- The sloped base design: not a big deal for me, I dont have trouble connecting ports (and i dont need to tilt my head to the side).  Actually, I'm finding because of the case design, I can pick it up more easily.

The LCD screen could be a bit more consistent with brightness though, but overall its a solid machine.  All thats left is, if this machine lasts me a long time, I have a winner, and I couldn't ask for more. There's my down and short review of the SL500.

Options

36 Posts

03-26-2008

Lithuania

97 Signins

739 Page Views

• Views: 739
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: My Lenovo Experience.

2008-12-15, 12:20 PM

I had Lenovo 3000 N200 but it stopped working. IBM technical staff ware very helpful to me: they checked my 3000 N200, wrote technical report for free, but furthermore, thats all were done in one day! I was able to get my money back and then bought brand new SL500.

You guys have the best technical service I've ever met there in Lithuania.

It is wonderful machine - despite it's glossy lid, annoying beeping, and red light - all problems I discovered  (for now) was caused only by Windows Vista.

I enjoy having Lenovo! ;)

Message Edited by whiskyinc on 12-15-2008 02:21 PM

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms