Options

1 Posts

10-27-2020

US

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 2

One of the USB C ports doesn't work after BIOS update from Lenovo Vantage (Thinkpad L380)?

2020-10-27, 6:56 AM

Hi one of the USB C port does not work after I did update as suggested from Lenovo Vantage app. I used to connect extra monitor (ThinkVision) from one USB C port and charge from another USB C port. Now I can only connect ThinkVision from the first port which i used to charging the laptop. The second USB C does not recognize extra monitor but it is working normally to charge the PC when i connect the adapter.

Any suggestion.

omegle xender
Options

1278 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

147 Signins

6826 Page Views

• Views: 6826
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:One of the USB C ports doesn't work after BIOS update from Lenovo Vantage (Thinkpad L380)?

2020-10-27, 10:10 AM

Hi FabrinRodriguez,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Make sure you also have the newest Chipset, Serial I.O and Management Engine Interface drivers for your device:  

You can find and install the newest drivers from the Lenovo Support Page

Just plot in the serial number of the device and hit enter, might have to press it twice, then head to Drivers & Software, select Manual Update, then select the BIOS and Chipset section

**Note: Make sure the AC adapter is connected and that you have at least 30% battery charge when performing this update.

In the event that does not work I'd suggest rolling back the BIOS update, unless it fixed other problems that you were experiencing.

BIOS Back Flash

- Completely shut down the device.  

- Press F1 repeatedly on startup to enter BIOS.

- In the "Security" Tab, click "UEFI BIOS Update Option" then set "Secure Rollback Prevention" to "Disabled"

- Click the "Restart" Tab and click "Save Exiting Changes" or Press "F10"

- PC will Restart and enter the Windows Environment.

- Head over to the Support Page for your device.

- Under Drivers & Software, then BIOS section, you can find the latest BIOS version.  

- Expand the BIOS driver with the down arrow. Right Click then select "Copy Link Address"

- Paste it into the URL section of the browser

- Change the nr of the bios version  (ex: 8HCN36WW  to 8HCN35WW or 8HCN34WW) and hit enter.

- Do this in the URL input section of the browser until you find the previous BIOS version to download.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete