Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: L, R and SL series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

09-01-2020

France

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 2

Overheating Thinkpad L13 with XUbuntu 20.04

2020-09-01, 20:44 PM

Hello everybody,

I bought a Lenovo Thinkpad L13 just a few month ago. It was sent to my parents place iand I was able to pick it up just one month ago. It took me a bit of time to set up everything, I installed Xubuntu 20.04, Linux is very convenient for my job. 

My problem is the following: if I play a game, if I push a bit the laptop by running several simulations at the same time, etc... it starts overheating and shuts down... I tried to play to some old games such as Warcraft III or Dawn of War, nothing too "fancy"... To solve the problem I have been looking everywhere on the web, I followed some advices and tried to install thinkfan to get a better control of the fan but it did not work. The sensors command don't even seem to work correctly and gives me non-sense outputs (negative temperature for example...). Some people told me to look on the BIOS in order to better know what is going on. As soon as I entered the BIOS my computer started overheating like crazy... Is there anyone who experienced the same thing? I am really hopeless...

Thank you very much

Best regards 

Options

1 Posts

01-25-2021

Russian Federation

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Overheating Thinkpad L13 with XUbuntu 20.04

2021-01-25, 12:58 PM

Enable textmode   for bios  =)

and

sudo apt install tlp

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms