Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: L, R and SL series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

02-17-2010

Poland

24 Signins

225 Page Views

• Views: 225
  • Message 11 of 17

Re: Problem with my Fingerprint reader

2010-02-25, 14:36 PM

hello, I tested NOD32 Eset Smart Security 4 x64 (abbreviated to "ess") and I was right. ess after installation, the Lenovo Fingerprint Software (abbreviated "LFS") is working properly, problems start when you switch to automatic mode barrier in an interactive, where all connections are allowed or blocked by hand. when you restart the reader does not respond and hangs like a driver for the reader of November this year.

Now I install Windows 7 pro x32. wants to see whether these problems will occur. how to reach some conclusions that I will know

pozdrawiam

PS. to the admin forum, not edited post for people to see the write new post, if I edit the posts, then please let me know

Options

1 Posts

02-28-2010

Madison

2 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 12 of 17

2010-02-28, 17:37 PM

I am having the same issue.  I recently installed Windows Home Premium 64 bit on my R400.  I am having the exact same communication issue.  I did a fresh install on a new HD.  I was previously running Vista 32 bit.   After doing the Windows 7 64 install on a new HD the fingerprint reader does not communicate nor will it communicate in Vista when swapping out the old HD.  I have tried the proposed solutions in this thread to no avail.

Does anyone know if Lenovo plans on releasing a new driver to remedy this issue?

Options

5 Posts

02-17-2010

Poland

24 Signins

225 Page Views

• Views: 225
  • Message 13 of 17

2010-03-02, 15:27 PM

Hi, I tested LFS on Windows 7 Pro x32 and had the same errors as the x64. The problem was the driver Authen Tec from November 2009, which is installed in the Windows automatic updates. Do not install this driver in November 2009!! The correct driver is included in the LFS. As for ESS4 it does not work properly with the LFS, I resigned from it.

Options

8 Posts

10-11-2009

China

13 Signins

154 Page Views

• Views: 154
  • Message 14 of 17

2010-03-17, 18:35 PM

Hi,

I got the solution.

I had this problem after I installed the Win7 in my T400.

To solve this problem:

1. Uninstall your finger print sensor through the Device Manager

2. Click "Scan hard ware change" on Device Manager. Then your OS will detect the finger print device, and notice you that it is installing the new driver.

3. As soon as your system find the finger print device, cancel its instalation of new driver on the task bar. Then the finger device would appear to be a problematic device  (a device without driver software installed) on the device manager.

4. Install the latest Lenovo Finger Printer Reader. The LFPR will install the correct (appropriate) driver for the finger device.

5. Reboot your PC.

I solved the problem through this method. I think the problem is that the driver installed by win 7 does not match lenovo's software. Maybe Lenovo's LFPR is not compatible with the latest driver for this finger device.

Good luck! 

Options

8 Posts

03-18-2010

Nashville, TN

20 Signins

98 Page Views

• Views: 98
  • Message 15 of 17

2010-03-19, 2:20 AM

I have a slightly different problem - I installed 64-bit Win 7, and the fingerprint reader appears to work.  At least I was able to register a fingerprint in the configuration.  But the reader doesn't come up at Windows login; I get just the password prompt.  The fingerprint program will then load up AFTER I boot into Windows.

Any ideas?  Thanks!

EDIT:  Never mind - I'm using the UPEK Touchstrip Fingerprint Sensor drivers, and to log in with fingerprint, you just choose a different user, "Fingerprint," at logon.

Options

2192 Posts

05-02-2008

Malaysia

14693 Signins

219550 Page Views

• Views: 219550
  • Message 16 of 17

2010-03-23, 8:31 AM

Hi All,

I read through this discussion and heard that there could be a conflict between Lenovo Fingerprint Software v3.3.0.58 and latest reader's driver from Windows dated november 2009. However, earlier driver dated 07.07.2009 seems to resolve the problem.

Do you mind to share some info for us to follow up the case?

• Machine Type Model (e.g. 7660-14A)
  • Operating Systems (e.g. Win 7 64bit Pro)

Thanks!

Regards,

Cleo

T410, x240

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Options

2 Posts

05-18-2010

Poland

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 17 of 17

2010-05-18, 13:15 PM

Hello!

I solved problem with communication with the sensor by installing TrueSuit program on my win7 32-bit.

At the beginning I had Lenovo FingerPrint Software for Vista and I was able to enroll fingerprint but I couldn't replace windows password logon, so I found LFPS for windows 7. After install I could set fingerprint check on windows logon but my sensor didn't work (there was message like "cannot communicate with sensor..."). I was trying to "mix" soft and drivers but the result was still poor. So I gave up on LFPS and downloaded TrueSuit software which is work fine.

My laptop is N200 (0769-K2G)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms