Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: L, R and SL series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

03-27-2008

India

2 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 3

Problems when WindowsXP is replaced with Vista

2008-03-27, 15:58 PM
Hi allll,
            I got my lenovo R61 with windows XP professional preinstalled. Last week, Since I couldn't partition my harddisk, I directly installed Windows Vista Ultimate(32 bit) in the C: drive  Which has replaced the Xp. The problem is that after this installation

1. My Bluetooth is functioning even the compatible drivers have installed because it cannot be turned ON using Fn+F5..After pressing the Fn+F5, I am not getting the pop-up menu of wireless radios options in my PC,as I got with XP.There is no response for Fn+F5.
       2.Integrated Camera is not working Even I installed the drivers for that.
       3.I Lost my Restore and Recovery option...The Thinkvantage button is not functioning...
       4.None of the ThinkVantage options Such as maintanence manager, Client security Center etc... are working.

Please give me some suggestions to overcome these problems........ 
Options

124 Posts

03-25-2008

Citrus Heights, California

64 Signins

1858 Page Views

• Views: 1858
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Problems when WindowsXP is replaced with Vista

2008-03-27, 16:21 PM
Partitioning the C drive as discussed in previous postings on the boards are a big No No because it causes the recover partition to not function.

If you ever find yourself in a situation where your computer is not usuable , contact Lenovo Support for these discs.
Proud supporter of the Toronto Maple Leafs Hockey Club
Options

4096 Posts

01-05-2008

Germany

22208 Signins

317455 Page Views

• Views: 317455
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Problems when WindowsXP is replaced with Vista

2008-03-29, 7:05 AM
go to the lenovo website and download "system update". Install it and it will show you
the required programs to use your hotkeys and other helpfull things.
Note: Read the install notes! Some updates have to installed in a specific order.

Call Lenovo for recovery cd´s. Shipping will cost some time.

kind regards

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using Lenovo Yoga C930, ThinkPad X1 Carbon 5th Gen. Silver Edition, ThinkPad 13, Yoga 900, ThinkPad T460s, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms