05-25-2008

USA

4 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 1 of 2

R61i - no burner detected...

2008-05-25, 16:52 PM
I am slowly going insane trying to troubleshoot this myself.

I have R61i  and it came with HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T20N

and the only hardware changes i have made is adding 2GB of Ram.  I bought it in Feb and am just now trying to burn dvds.  I have been able to burn cd's and play all types of disks with no problems.   about a month ago i made a very small movie with windows movie maker (which came preinstalled) just to test it out - im talking tiny.  just a little movie clip i got on an email.  It worked fine. Just last week I tried to copy a dvd (home movie type) using the Sonic record now copy (also preinstalled) -it made the temporary copy, but could not burn. No burner detected.   I tried the movie maker again and got the same thing - no burner. I downloaded a free tiral of adoble premiere elements and the same thing.  I googled and tried everything i found.  Deleting all the programs and installing one at a time,  uninstalling the drivers & restarting,  downloading a hardware detector that verified it should be able to read and record a whole bunch of different disk types,  I tried all the troubleshooting suggestions i could find blah blah blah. Then I got to a point where I couldnt even play a disk.    This morning I saved my documents to an external hard drive and then reverted my hard drive back to the first backup i made when I got the computer.  Today I was able to once again try the dvd copy - and it worked to a DVD+RW, but not to a DVD-R, DVD+R, or a DVD+R DL. 

I need help! Thank you!!
Options

3 Posts

05-25-2008

USA

4 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: R61i - no burner detected...

2008-05-26, 16:23 PM
I am now able to burn using InterVideo WinDVD Creator.  Still no burner detected if I try Adobe or the Sonic programs.  I cant burn to dvd+r dv and dvd-r but not dvd+r for some reason.  these are all the same brand - TDK.  This program is soo not as good as adobe, but hey it works.  I went to watch the dvd on my player, and the sound isnt quite in sync. It starts ok but is slightly faster than the video and by the end it is about two second ahead.  Also it burns very slow.  I started one at 6am and now at 11:22 it is only at 71%!!  I need to make 8 copies for gifts, and at this rate I will be at it all week.   any suggestions?
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms