Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: L, R and SL series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

05-02-2011

Israel

7 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 1 of 2

Recovery CD fails to boot

2011-05-02, 11:53 AM

Hi,

I have an old IBM ThinkPad R50e (1834-PTG). When I originally bought it back in 2003, I have created a set of 6 recovery CDs. I kept this set in a safe place and today have decided to recover the factory settings of the laptop. The problem is the computer doesn't want to boot any of the 6 recovery CDs (it does boot from other bootable CDs with no problem). The CDs are not empty and contain a directory named "RECOVERY" with a bunch of files in it.

I tried to use specify the CD drive as the first boot device, to use F12 in order to specify the device, nothing helped.

How can I use these CDs?

I have found a Ghost image that was taken from a brand new R51. WIll I be able to use it in order to recover my system? Will the Windows key that is provided with my computer work with this image?

Answer
Options

3 Posts

05-02-2011

Israel

7 Signins

21 Page Views

Re: Recovery CD fails to boot

2011-05-02, 13:44 PM
Well, It turns out there was another disk names (surprise) "Recovery boot CD". Now the recovery process starts with no problems.

Replies(1)
Answer
Options

3 Posts

05-02-2011

Israel

7 Signins

21 Page Views

• Message 2 of 2

Re: Recovery CD fails to boot

2011-05-02, 13:44 PM
Well, It turns out there was another disk names (surprise) "Recovery boot CD". Now the recovery process starts with no problems.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms