Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: L, R and SL series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

05-24-2008

Dubai, United Arab Emirates

3 Signins

160 Page Views

• Views: 160
  • Message 1 of 3

Recovery Disc

2008-05-24, 7:49 AM
Dear All,

I am having a R61 note book which came with Windows Vista, but now I changed it to Windows XP. My query is

1. How can i create a recovery disc which will give me the factory default settings. (Restore it to the state of original settings)
2. When i tried creating a recovery media option... message comes "DVD RAM is not supported for disc 1 of the Recovery set. Please help.
3. I have registered my LAPTOP using my office PC. Now i forgot the password and user name in which i registered. How can i recover the details.
4. is it also possible to create a recovery disc with present XP option also..?

Please some one help me....

Thanks and Regards,

ICD
Options

1214 Posts

11-20-2007

Iowa, USA

1820 Signins

37095 Page Views

• Views: 37095
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Recovery Disc

2008-05-24, 11:15 AM
Did you run the XP downgrade discs when you changed to XP or did you use a Windows cd?

1. I don't know since you changed it to XP already. If you used the downgrade cd's Vista is gone. Always make the restore discs before toying with the OS or partitions.

2. Use a cd for the first disc.

3. I believe there is an "I forgot my password" option on the login page.

4. Hard to tell. I am confused about your current configuration. Likely the recovery set you will make will be for XP not vista. It depends on how you installed Vista.

Registered Linux User #160145

FYI: I am not employed by Lenovo
Options

8 Posts

05-24-2008

Dubai, United Arab Emirates

3 Signins

160 Page Views

• Views: 160
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Recovery Disc

2008-05-24, 11:58 AM
Thanks for getting back to me... its a R61 Lenovo... 7732-4SG type, 2 GB RAM, 160 HD, Windows Vista Business... when i bought it.... I asked the vendor to make recovery disc for me. he did.... so when i tried to check the CD's the OS was gone.... Then i went back to the vendor and asked him to downgrade it to XP...... The doubts are...
1. when I went to make the recovery DVD's ... it said the DVD RAm is not compatible for disc 1... However it has created 3 DVD's as recovery disc.... Will that be perfect .....may I confidently use that??
2. I did register the product in Lenovo official site, but using my Office PC. and now I forgot what user name did i gave while registering, and what password..? who will be able to help me on this..? In the event of I needing some help from the official Lenovo site..?
3. How can I make partitions on the drive C?
4. The recovery media which I created will that be with XP OS, or Vista?? If it is XP, will I be able to get Vista in later stage???
Please advise...

Thanks & Regards,

ICD

Message Edited by ivancdas on 05-24-2008 05:01 AM
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms