US

1 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 1 of 2

ThinkPad L380 Yoga Pen Pro Issues

2019-02-11, 20:53 PM

Hello,

A few weeks ago I had issues with my ThinkPad and, under warranty, was exchanged for a new ThinkPad L380 Yoga (honestly, I miss my last ThinkPad).

My main problem with the L380 Yoga is the Pen Pro. I am a student and use Microsoft Word and OneNote daily, I never had any problems with the pen on my last laptop. However, the bottom (eraser) button on the side of the pen does not work consistently. It'll work for a short period of time until it stops randomly; the only way to fix this is to completely restart my computer. This is very inconvenient for me as I am rarely in a position where I can afford to lose a few minutes restarting my computer that often. The top (lasso) button on the side works perfectly fine and never has any issues. I tried switching the functionalities and the eraser worked on the top, but then the lasso stopped working with the bottom button.

Has anyone else had a problem with this/know a solution? I want to get this figured out before my warranty expires. Every forum I have looked at online claims that Lenovo knows about this problem but is failing to come up with a solution to help customers. I've invested way too much money in laptops from this company to have such a hard time finding a solution to such a seemingly fixable problem!

Thanks,

Frustrated Customer

Options

1 Posts

09-04-2020

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:ThinkPad L380 Yoga Pen Pro Issues

2020-09-04, 14:20 PM

Same here! The "top barrel" (closest to the pen tip) is supposed to be lasso select, and the bottom barrel should be eraser. But it will randomly make both of them right and left click. I cannot get the lasso select feature back, and it's not in settings. I'm really frustrated because having one button do lasso select and one button do erase was perfect!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete