Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: L, R and SL series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

01-23-2021

Antigua and Barbuda

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad L Series - thoughts?

2021-01-23, 14:32 PM

So Lenovo claims the L series come with the Mil-Spec (military specification) designs ThinkPads are legendarily known to have. At this point, I'm confused especially when it comes to comparing the L series to say, the T series. I customized one of each with very similar specs and there's about a $400 difference. With that said, am I better off just getting the L-series laptop or am I missing something? I mainly use my laptop for Photoshop/Lightroom but nothing that is graphically too intense. I will do some work/office related work like excel. Again, nothing major. I do not play games. I currently own an X220 (**bleep**gin LOVE this workhorse) and a P50. I was thinking about going back to the X-series specifically the X390 but then the whole L-series piqued my interest again but wanted to make that if I did go with the L490 that it's just as reliable as my current Lenovos.

VidMate Mobdro
Options

3904 Posts

12-22-2008

Canada

12632 Signins

182916 Page Views

• Views: 182916
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Thinkpad L Series - thoughts?

2021-01-23, 14:41 PM

Welcome to the forum.

From what you describe the L series should serve you well. This article explains the differences among product lines: ThinkPad Series Explained: E, L, and T-Series

Options

7 Posts

01-17-2021

Malaysia

5 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Thinkpad L Series - thoughts?

2021-01-25, 7:49 AM

I owned a new L15 AMD Rizen 7 Pro for 5 days and then need to sent to Lenovo Service Centre for hardware problem on last 20.1.2021 and it is still at the centre now. I was the unlucky 1 to received a defected new THINKPAD from LENOVO. I am quite upset with that as I have used T series and W series in the last 16 years and those machines never ever let me down in such a short lifespan. and my old W510 Intel i7vpro still serving me for 11 years until todate, i am still using it now to give you my thought. I have never bought a new THINKPAD for 11 years and now bought the new L series and it broke down in just 5 days. It's no doubt that it was fun to use the L15 AMD in the 5 days but i think LENOVO should review their QC on all the new THINKPADs as well as the new drivers or system before release them to us. I have recognised THINKPAD for its reliability and durability until the L15 AMD let me down last week. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms