10-26-2020

HR

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad L15 Gen 1 + Win10 freezing

2020-10-26, 13:13 PM

I have a new Thinkpad L15 Gen 1 (intel) with win 10. All Lenovo and windows latest updates installed, but the system quite often go to a complete freeze. Have anyone experienced something similiar on this laptop?

I find it quite strange that there were so much critical updates from Lenovo lately ( bios, fimware, ssd...) for this laptop, maybe it is because of Windows. Makes me wonder if this product was really polished and tested before puting it on the market?!

Options

1234 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

144 Signins

6636 Page Views

• Views: 6636
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Thinkpad L15 Gen 1 + Win10 freezing

2020-10-26, 13:58 PM

Hi kranja,

It's impossible to test a product 100% , because you never know what kind of hardware driver updates a Windows Update will affect or mess with. Which is why the latest Windows 10 Ver. 2004 update brought on a ton of problems for a lot of manufacturers.  This is probably the reason why you are seeing a lot of critical updates from Lenovo, as they are hard at work to solve the problems that the Win update created.

If you still experience freezes and such. I'd suggest trying to roll back the Windows 2004 update, or use a System Restore point back to where it functioned properly. If not, then a System Recovery/Reset would be my next suggestions. 

Step 1. Rolling back to a previous Win 10 Version :

- Open the Windows 10 Settings Menu by clicking the gear icon in the Windows Start menu, or by pressing “Windows+I” keys.

- Click “Update & security”

- Click the “Recovery” tab on the sidebar.

- Under “Go back to the previous version of Windows 10,” click “Get started.”

- After some elapsed time after last update(10+ days), this option is often not available. Please continue below.

Step 1.2. Restore Point

- There should always be a "restore point" you can choose from "System Recovery"

- Click the Windows key and type "System Recovery" and click "Recovery" in the list.  

- Select "Open System Restore" - Click "Next" and select the latest "Restore point" where the device was working.

**Note: System Restore Points will only remove Apps and Programs installed after the selected Restore Point date. It will not remove word/text files or pictures etc.

Step 2. Disable Automatic Hardware drivers update

- Right click the Windows Icon, select the "Search" Function.

- Type "Control Panel" and select "Small icons" or "Large Icons" in the "View By" top right.

- Click the "System Icon"  

- Navigate to "Advanced System Settings" -> "Hardware"

- Click "Device Installation Settings" and Select "No"

**This will prevent Windows from interfering with your hardware drivers in future updates, but keep crucial security updates rolling.

Step 3. Windows Reset/Recovery

Perform Step 2 before allowing any Windows Updates to take place. 

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

1 Posts

10-28-2020

CA

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Thinkpad L15 Gen 1 + Win10 freezing

2020-10-28, 12:22 PM

Hi I just received mine yesterday and I have the exact same issue. Do you find a solution?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete