IN

5 Signins

54 Page Views

• Views: 54
  • Message 1 of 2

Unable to connect to Internet via Ethernet/LAN cable

2020-10-27, 8:05 AM

Hi team,

I am not able to connect to Office network/ Internet when connected via LAN cable as it shows Authentication Failed and switches bask to a Wi-Fi connection.

I have tried disabling IEEE 802.1x Authentication from Ethernet properties, tried updating the drivers but the issue still stays the same.

Any suggestion?

Options

1278 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

147 Signins

6826 Page Views

• Views: 6826
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Unable to connect to Internet via Ethernet/LAN cable

2020-10-27, 10:58 AM

Hello Vishv_B,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Firstly, I'd try to disable the Wifi connection to see if it's interfering with the Ethernet, this can sometimes happen. It will also make the tests going forward easier:

Right-click on the Wifi icon in the Notification area bottom right, go to Open Network and Internet Settings, then the Wi-Fi tab, and toggle off.  If unable to do so, then in the search function , type "Settings", click on "Network & Internet", select "Network and Sharing Center" then "Change adapter settings"

You'll see both Ethernet and Wlan network here. Right click the WLAN and select "disable".  See if the ethernet comes back, if not, then right click the ethernet and try to enable if disabled, or disable , then re-enable if already enabled. 

Make sure you have the latest Ethernet drivers for your device. You can find these on the Support Page. under Drivers & Software, Manual Update, then Networking LAN: (Ethernet).

If it doesn't come back, I'd try a different ethernet port on the router. If this works, then you have a faulty ethernet port on the router, but can still make it by with the others.  If none work, then try changing the ethernet cable.  

Hope this helps

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete