Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: L, R and SL series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

03-03-2018

France

3 Signins

53 Page Views

• Views: 53
  • Message 1 of 2

lenovo L480 / 20LSS02Q00 / 2019 - cannot see my 2nd internal HDD

2021-02-10, 9:53 AM

Hi guys,

during windows repair/clean reinstall it seems i messed up with the 2 hard drives i have

so windows is now installed in both hard drives which gives a hiccup at startup...

then when the correct drive starts (i need to reboot 2 times for that)  i cannot see the 2nd drive (both in de disk manager or in the explorer)

the 2nd disks appears only if i try to boot from the windows USB during installation

any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks chris

Moderator comment: Image showing serial number(s) removed to protect member from mischief. (NateS)

Options

2116 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

230 Signins

10836 Page Views

• Views: 10836
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:lenovo L480 / 20LSS02Q00 / 2019 - cannot see my 2nd internal HDD

2021-02-10, 10:58 AM

Hi christosp,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Try to Load Default Settings in the BIOS, and if that doesn't help the issue, then unplug the HDD and plug it back in. In the event this doesn't help, since you have Windows installed on both, this might be causing the conflict. Try running the Windows installation again from the USB, then from here you select the drive in question, then format the device completely through the installation/setup. 

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms