Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oOoSorrowoOo
Paper Tape
Views: 5,479
Message 1 of 2

2110: HDD0 (Hard Disk Drive) Error Reading

hi i got a R61i, was working just fine, all of a sudden it doesnt work fine and it gives me this error      

2110: HDD0 (Hard Disk Drive) Error Reading

Press <ESC> to continue

now i do press escape and i get a list of my it gives me my boot list and it goes like this:

Cannot boot from any devise

Current boot order and devices status

1: ATAPI CD0: Model HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T20N-(-> )No valid operating system

2: USB FDD:                                                                    -> Device not found

3: USB CD:                                                                      -> Device not found

4: ATA HDD0: Model HITACHI HTS542580K9SA00-(S   -> Device Error

5: PCI LAN: Model MBA v10.0.9   Slot 0400                     -> No valid operating system

6: USB HDD:                                                                    -> Device not found 

7: ATA HDD1:                                                                   -> Device not found

i tried to update my bios settings it says no update necessary now the action was aborted or something like that... 

i even tried to fix my windows by going to recovery console from the windows setup list by using a windows xp sp2 cd but it gives me this message:

setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer.

make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected to your computer, and that any disk-related hardware configuration is correct/ this may involve running a manufacturer-supplied diagnostic or setup program.

the problem is that i cannot format my c: drive because i have lots of my work there and i have no idea what to do :-) so if anyone can actually help i'd love to hear what u have.....

Message Edited by oOoSorrowoOo on 12-11-2008 12:42 PM
Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 5,409
Message 2 of 2

Re: 2110: HDD0 (Hard Disk Drive) Error Reading

That doesn't sound good at all Smiley Sad

I would personally start by removing and the reinserting the hard drive, maybe it's got a bit loose. The fact that the hard drive is recognised in BIOS doesn't favour this being the solution, sorry.

I would then create a bootable cd of PC Doctor or Hitachi Drive Fitness Test, (preffered), and run intensive diagnostics on the hard drive.

If you are unsure about how to remove / replace your hard drive, please post your Type and Model Number, this will help members help you.

Thanks

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors