Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abr133
What's DOS?
Views: 347
Message 1 of 2

BSOD L440

I do quite often get blue screen (BSOD) on my L440. Often just when browsing (chrome or opera). Have reinstalled the computer, but after a while it began happening again. After some updates. Have a L400 20AT-CT01WW with win10 professional. 

Errors indicates soemthing with:
ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14E7C0)

szccid.sys (SzCCID+0x53EF)

Anyone able to help. Have tried to attach copy om memory.dmp-file as Word-file

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 290
Message 2 of 2

Re: BSOD L440

The dump is pointing to your Alcor Micro Smart Card Reader's Drivers (szccid.sys and alcgener.sys), so I would uninstall the card reader via Programs and Features

From Readme.txt of driver linked below.

UNINSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

[Windows 10]
  1. Go to "Control Panel", and then double click on "Programs and Features",
     right click on "Alcor Micro Smart Card Reader Driver" and select "Uninstall/Change" option.
  2. click "Yes" to uninstall the driver.
  3. click on 'Finish' button and restart the computer automatically.

If not shown in Programs and Features, you may be able to delete via Device Manager >> Smart Card Readers >> , making sure to check the box to "Delete the driver software for this device", and then download the latest driver from Lenovo and then reinstall the card reader's drivers fresh.

Alcor Micro Smart Card Reader Driver

http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-l-series-laptops/thinkpad-l...

If you already have the latest driver installed, and reinstallation of the drivers does not fix the problem, you might consider just expanding the Smart card readers category in Device Manager, right-click Alcor Micro USB Smart Card Reader and select Disable if you do not use the card reader very often

Not a fix, but perhaps a workaround until you do find one.

Cheers, 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors