cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plusate1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,397
Message 1 of 6

Backlight fuse location or number on L440 motherboard?

I made a schoolboy error leaving the battery in while upgrading the screen on my L440... voila i have blown the backlight fuse on the motherboard. I have had this issue before with a T430, it was easy to fix by bridging the F7 fuse on the motherboard.... (I used a small pin head size drop of metalic glue) however i am not sure which fuse to look for on the L440? Does anyone know the fuse number or location.... ? It is the backlight fuse that has gone on this board as the actual screen works on another L440 i have here. If no one can help then i will let you all know when I have fixed it, there does not seem to be anyone else out there that has had this issue with the L440 lol ;-)

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,390
Message 2 of 6

Re: Backlight fuse location or number on L440 motherboard?

There are no standards for fuse numbers across models.  The fuses tend to be next to the video connector, but sometimes on the oppposite side.  There are 2 fuses involved.  One is 0.5 amps and controls leds other than Bluetooth.  If the LEDs work, that fuse is OK.  The other fuse is 2 or 3 amps.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Highlighted
plusate1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,367
Message 3 of 6

Thanks Rich, the LED's are ok so now i know where to look, it is also good to know the amps involved. I have a multimeter here so should be able identify which one has gone. I will follow up with a photo of the location when I find it and of course let everyone know if and how I fixed this - incase anyone else has the same issue in the future :-)
plusate1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,297
Message 4 of 6

Ok I managed to fix it, the silver glue trick did not work so i ended up having to use a soldering iron. I found the suspect fuse with a multimeter, it is in the first photo and has a "P" on it. I bridged it with some 5amp fuse wire, it was the thinnest i had. It is a bit fiddly especially if you are a novice solerer like myself but hey i have my screen back and the motherboard does not have to go in the bin. I hope this helps someone else out thereL440BacklightFuse_LI.jpgBacklight Fuse location L440 "P"L440FuseBridge.JPGMy messy "bridge"

trinibajan34
Paper Tape
Views: 1,728
Message 5 of 6

Good day, I have a lenovo Z50-75, recently 1/3 or my screen turned pink, I removed the bezel from around the screen and removed the screen , took out the jack, and stared to clean it, I forgot to remove the battery and there was a spark. Plugged back in the jack and now the screen is dark, you can see when it starts up but very faint. The board is the ACLU7/ ACLU8. Any help to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.
I installed the new screen and the screen is still dark, would the fuse be in the same place as the L440 board.?
CHAS9
What's DOS?
Views: 938
Message 6 of 6

Hello

can you help me find the back light fuse on a thinkpad R51 please

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors