01-03-2020

US

3 Signins

61 Page Views

• Views: 61
  • Message 1 of 2

Be aware of Lid Sensor interaction with magnets

2020-01-03, 19:33 PM

I posted on this elsehwere but wanted to also add this to the comunity for laptop that was actually affected.

3 weeks old lenvovo Thinkpad L13 laprop stopped working after brarely any use

Symptoms:

Laptop does not turn on on battery alone, but turns on when connected to power.

When it is connected to power when turned on keyboard briefly flashes and then goes dark, lenovo logo is dimly visible for few seonds but screen baklight does not turn on.

Laptop appears to be on but remains unresponsive to input and dislpay does not work.

If you connect extrnal monitor and extrnal keybaord computer works as expected

This issue happened because Lid Sensor was not detecting when the lid was open. This happened after tablet was placed on top of the laptop and I assume that magnet in the tablets case was close to the lid sensor for some time and it stopped detecting when lid was open.

I was able to fix this by holding strong magnet to the lid sensor which seems to reset it and computer began working normaly.

So be aware that magners in other devicves can affect lid sensor and stop your computer from properly turning on.

Options

459 Posts

05-02-2019

US

322 Signins

7862 Page Views

• Views: 7862
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Be aware of Lid Sensor interaction with magnets

2020-01-04, 10:56 AM

Hi !

Thank you for sharing this information to Lenovo Forums and the workaround. This will help other members might experience the same problem in the future. 

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save