Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m0t0-ryder
What's DOS?
Views: 759
Message 1 of 2

Bluetooth Update killed my wireless Internet connectivity

2 days ago I decided to try getting the bluetooth working on the wifes R61i (type 8932-A54).

Since I didn't see any Bluetooth options (when doing fn-F5) I decided to load the Bluetooth update patch found here...

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-70450.html

This is called "Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate Software for Windows XP, 2000 - ThinkPad ".

The download and install seemed to go OK with no errors. (this was done thru the wireless internet connection)

However... once this download was done I lost wireless connectivity to my Linksys WR160 wireless router.

I also still see no Bluetooth software to launch.

I tried uninstall... but since there is no "Bluetooth" software in the Add/Remove Programs area I cannot remove it either. (Where did it try installing to?) I have "no" "My Bluetooth Places".

I was able to get the Wireless router to connect by re-entering the configs on the router (from my desktop).

The R61i will connect wirelessely now (Fn-F5) but I can get no internet connection.

What did trying to download this Bluetooth app do to my Windows Internet Explorer config?

How can I get my internet connection restored?

I no longer even care about Bluetooth on the R61i. (although it would be nice)

I just want wireless internet connectivity back.

Any/all help for this problem would be greatly appreciated.

BTW... I am new to this forum and have done some searches regarding this problme with no luck.

Thanks In Advance!

John

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 742
Message 2 of 2

Re: Bluetooth Update killed my wireless Internet connectivity

Hello,

it seems here that your R61i doesn´t have bluetooth.

The easiest method is a system restore, through windows to get back to an earlier state of software

configuration, and before installing bluetooth driver.

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using ThinkPad X1 Carbon 5th Gen. Silver Edition, ThinkPad 13, Yoga 900, ThinkPad T430s, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors