Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uyuni
Serial Port
Views: 12,041
Message 1 of 14

Bluetooth and Nokia PC Suite not working

I can't get my Nokia mobile connected via the integrated Bluetooth in the SL300 (WIDCOMM) and the Nokia PC Suite. Did anyone succeed?

Emilio.

nanux
Fanfold Paper
Views: 11,936
Message 2 of 14

Re: Bluetooth and Nokia PC Suite not working

I have Lenovo T400 and I've got the same problem. Nokia PC suite just say: "This type of connection is impossible"

Anyone?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 11,925
Message 3 of 14

Hello,

yes, Nokia seems to have problems with widcomm bluetooth stack.

One user on thinkpad-forum.de has got the same problem and has joined Nikias BETA program

for further investigation.

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using ThinkPad X1 Carbon 5th Gen. Silver Edition, ThinkPad 13, Yoga 900, ThinkPad T430s, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

xtrader
Paper Tape
Views: 11,856
Message 4 of 14

Hi Everyone,

We are are Nokia Service Centre and are experiencing problems with widcomm bluetooth stack PC Suite complaints about no available com ports on the T400? We have installed the external bluesoliel and they work straight away, just defeats the object of internal BT though? Would be very grateful for any ideas.. thanks in advance..

Regards

XT

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 11,834
Message 5 of 14

Hello,

please try this hint from a forum user here:

1. Uninstall " ThinkPad Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate" in Add/Remove programs 

2. Delete the two bluetooth devices in Device Manager->Network cards

3. Then press:

Scan for new hardware and Windows found bluetooth and installed Microsoft bluetooth drivers.

I´m a volunteer here using ThinkPad X1 Carbon 5th Gen. Silver Edition, ThinkPad 13, Yoga 900, ThinkPad T430s, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Alevia
Fanfold Paper
Views: 11,706
Message 6 of 14

I have a SL500 and a N70 with Nokia PC Suite. I have tried different versions of the Nokia PC Suite with the same error: "This type of connection is impossible" (... translated from Italian). I have also tried the hint by Andreas but the SL500 recognize always the Broadcom drivers and cannot delete only one of two devices in the Blutooth Devices (no blutooth under network cards).

My question is: SL500 can recognize the Microsoft bluetooth drivers  ?

SL500 and N70 works well instead with the USB cable. The Bluetooth and cable works well with N70 and my old Compaq notebook.

Alessandro Smiley Sad

uyuni
Serial Port
Views: 11,761
Message 7 of 14

@ Agotthelf: Thank you, this way it works. Installing the MS bluetooth driver after deinstalling the widcomm driver is not so easy.

Here is explained how to to this in general: http://www.shootingsoftware.com/Widcomm.htm

As is described on this website you have to change the file c:\WINDOWS\inf\bth.inf 

In my case I added the line:

Thinkpad Bluetooth=                                                             BthUsb, USB\Vid_0A5C&Pid_2145

Regards,

Emilio

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 11,710
Message 8 of 14

Hello Emilio,

I´m glad to hear that! Please click solved.

xtrader
Paper Tape
Views: 11,708
Message 9 of 14

Hi All,

I have resolved this issue on the T400 by just unistalling the Thinkpad Bluetooth software in Add/Remove as described above in a previous post, then let windows do the rest by refreshing the hardware in Device Manager. All works perfect now!

One question though do you loose the Enhanced Data 2.0 rate by using a different driver?

Thanks again for everyones help to a flustrating problem

Regards XT

Alevia
Fanfold Paper
Views: 11,582
Message 10 of 14

Thank you, Emilio. The Microsoft Bluetooth is working perfectly.
Particularry useful the link you have post for the installation of Microsoft Stack.
Ciao
Alessandro

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors