Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leafinthewind
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,661
Message 1 of 4

Can I install intel turbo memory?

Hi All,
Hope you can help- I have a R61i, 14.1, 1.66 core 2 duo, 2 gigs RAM, intel ABG, model 7732-CTO.  I found the intel turbo memory chip on amazon and ordered it, hoping to give my system a slight speed boost.  I opened up my Thinkpad and found only one PCI express slot, as far as I can tell, already filled with the wireless card.  Is there another location for it? Am I missing something? It looks like I am out of luck unless I am just not seeing the slot for it.  Any help is appreciated.
Aristotle
Punch Card
Views: 1,637
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can I install intel turbo memory?

Did you remove any other cover on the bottom of your laptop? if so, then the memory slots are probably located under the keyboard for you're model.

So, take out the screws on the bottom that show a small keyboard picture left to them, and carefully remove the keyboard. You should then beable to locate the memory slots.
leafinthewind
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,624
Message 3 of 4

I removed the keyboard and yes, the RAM slots are under the trackpad area- it looks like the slot for the intel turbo memory is already full with the wireless card. Is there a an open bay beneath it for the turbo memory card? and if anyone has a diagram, send me a link. Thanks.
Aristotle
Punch Card
Views: 1,603
Message 4 of 4

Oh, you're saying the Turbo memory is a Mini PCI slot type? What that means is, you would have to remove the Wireless card, and put the Turbo RAM in it's place. I still have yet to hear of a Thinkpad or any other laptop of that matter, containing more than one PCI or Mini PCI slot.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors