Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taka
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,303
Message 1 of 4

Can't connect bluetooth cell phone to laptop

My cell phone won't connect to R61i. Trying to send pics from Samsung SGH A707C cell phone with bluetooth. Everything looks synced, device shows up but get a message that says: File transfer not successful : An address incompatible with the requested protocol was used.

Taka
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,300
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can't connect bluetooth cell phone to laptop

This post was sent before I finished: using Windows XP. This problem has never occurred before. Bluetooth devices in working order. But connection fails when trying to send or receive files from phone to laptop. Thanks.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 4,247
Message 3 of 4

Hello Taka,

when you try to connect, please take a look at your bluetooth symbol in tasklist.

It will change it´s colour, then click on it. You have to insert the pairing code, then the connection should be successfull.

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using ThinkPad X1 Carbon 5th Gen. Silver Edition, ThinkPad 13, Yoga 900, ThinkPad T430s, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Taka
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,244
Message 4 of 4

Hi, I found the Bluetooth icon in task manager but nothing happened to it when trying to upload file. I have no idea what a pairing code is (never had to use one before). Also, I just realized that I didn't have a problem with this at all until a repair was done on the laptop: I couldn't log into websites at all so all the security junk had to be removed (Password manager and fingerprint reader etc) and a repair was done on winsocks and networking rebuilt. This must have something to do with my current problem. Are there any settings I need to check other than 'Bluetooth devices'?  Thanks very much for your help/response!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors