Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
notmyfoult1
Paper Tape
Views: 275
Message 1 of 5

Cannot get in touch with Lenovo for BIOS update

Hi. I have a SL-510 Laptop, and I did a full re-install of windows. The machine is still very slow in the start-up process. On an other machine I updated the firmware (BIOS) and that really sped up the start-up time.

I want to do the same ting with this one, but it is not possible to get in contact with Lenovo. After typing in my product, all I get is that this machine no longer has warranty. There is no option to go from there, so it all ends in a loop. If I click Drivers and Downloads, I am taken through the same loop. If I click Contact Us, the same loop again. Is it not possible to get drivers and stuff even though the warranty has expired???

PLEASE HELP

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 233
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cannot get in touch with Lenovo for BIOS update

notmyfoult1
Paper Tape
Views: 225
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for that. Will try.

notmyfoult1
Paper Tape
Views: 223
Message 4 of 5

Only one problem. When choosing Windows 10, 32 bit, the selections below still do not show windows 10 as a selection. Only windows 7, 8, vista and XP.

It is stated that if I don´t find what I am looking for here, I need to go to support again, throwing me back in the loop again.

Really??

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 214
Message 5 of 5

Supported Lenovo machines, win 10:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht506455

Lenovo never shipped your machine with a win 10 OS, thus win 10 selection will not be on your support page.

If you have certain devices with no drivers, go into Device Manager and determine Venid of device and Google search. Stated differently,  you will have to "borrow" drivers from another machine type, which supports win 10.  You may find some of your devices offer 0 win 10 support.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors