IN

5 Signins

49 Page Views

• Views: 49
  • Message 1 of 5

Charging LED indication not glowing in lenovo thinkpad L460

2019-12-22, 5:51 AM

Hi everyone,

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad L460 laptop. The charging LED indication does not glow while I charge the laptop during shut-off. The LED initially blinks for a few seconds when the charging adaptor is connected to the power supply and then the LED is off. But, the battery gets charged. Since, the LED does not glow when charging the laptop (in shut-down), I am unable to determine when the battery is fully charged. However, the LED glows when charging the laptop while in use.

Anyone else facing/faced the same problem?

Please help in resolving this problem.

Options

1815 Posts

08-02-2018

US

697 Signins

10126 Page Views

• Views: 10126
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Charging LED indication not glowing in lenovo thinkpad L460

2019-12-22, 14:16 PM

Hi srivatsan_10! Welcome to our forums community.

Was there any light indicator before when you were charging the laptop when it's off? Try updating the BIOS since there is a recent update released for this machine. You can manually update it from here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ph/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-l-series-laptops/thinkpad-l460/downloads/driver-list/component?name=BIOS%2FUEFI. You may also run the update through the Vantage app and install all available updates. Let us know how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

12-22-2019

IN

5 Signins

49 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2019-12-25, 7:21 AM

Hi Jwes_Lenovo,

Thanks for the reply!! There was no light indication while charging the laptop when it is off. I have also installed all the available BIOS and other updates from the Vantage app. But, how do I determine if my laptop is fully charged while charging the laptop when it is off? I do not have any indication for the same. 

Options

1815 Posts

08-02-2018

US

697 Signins

10126 Page Views

• Views: 10126
  • Message 4 of 5

2019-12-25, 20:01 PM

Unfortunately, there was no indication on the user guide. The only light indicator is the one on the Thinkpad logo is about sleep, hibernation, normal mode and you can check it here: https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/l460_ug_en.pdf, page 6. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

12-22-2019

IN

5 Signins

49 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2019-12-29, 4:07 AM

Hi Jwes_Lenovo,

Thanks for the reply !!! Well, I suppose there is no charging indication for the laptop while the laptop is off, as seen from the user guide. Hope, Lenovo takes note of this and provides a charging indication while charging the laptop when it is off. This feature will greatly benefit users. If there is any other means by which the charging status can be known, kindly let me know.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete