Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r6ual
What's DOS?
Views: 7,722
Message 1 of 3

Default setting on Windows for Bluetooth blocking Nokia PC Suite

I Have a SL500 with XP preload on it. All drivers are up to date via System Update and WIndows Update, my issue is this...

Everytime I attempt to pair my laptop to my phone(N73), Nokia PC suite detects the phone as an available device, but when I click 'Next' to attempt to Pair it, a bubble appears in the bottom right of screen near the time, advising I have to type in the security code to allow the phone to connect. Even if I type in '123', the same as PC Suite is asking for, after a short while, PC Suite will advise that it was unable to authenticate the phone. I presume something in Windows is telling Bluetooth to be the 'primary connection software' rather than allowing PC Suite to do what it needs to do..??

The reason I ask in this forum, is because I have a T60 with the preload software on it and it works without issue. Am wondering if a setting somewhere on the Preload for this SL500 is different by default??

Any ideas.. Please help.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 7,716
Message 2 of 3

Re: Default setting on Windows for Bluetooth blocking Nokia PC Suite

Hello,

the problem is already discussed here but no solution, yet

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using Lenovo Yoga C930, ThinkPad X1 Carbon 5th Gen. Silver Edition, ThinkPad 13, Yoga 900, ThinkPad T460s, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

hmarek
Paper Tape
Views: 7,686
Message 3 of 3

Re: Default setting on Windows for Bluetooth blocking Nokia PC Suite

Hi,

I bought SL500 2 weeks ago and I had same problem with bluetooth and Nokia PC Suite on XP.

I've uninstalled "ThinkPad Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate" in Add/Remove programs and deleted two bluetooth devices in Device Manager->Network cards

Then I pressed "Scan for new hardware" and Windows found bluetooth and installed Microsoft bluetooth drivers.

Now it all works OK with PC Suite.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Marek

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors