Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stanleyuroy
Paper Tape
Views: 817
Message 1 of 2

Desperate for help with IBM thinkpad R51 Solution

Hi everyone, I wish someone could help me out there.

I have a IBM Thinkpad R51. A few days ago the thinkpad was attacked by viruses and had a system  file deleted. This attack consequently rendered my most loved and cared IBM Thinkpad useless.

With this frustrating experience, I then decided to explore the IBM Think in search for a solution. Turned it on safe mode and forgot to return it back to standard and eventually plugged it onto my internet connection and the screen behaved funny. The end result is now a black screen when ever I power my IBM Thinkpad with the following warning info;

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:

<Windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe.

Please reinstall a copy of the above file.

The thinkpad is running on safe mode at the moment and needs to be set back to default. The funniest thing is that i bought this IBM Thinkpad without any accompanying software.

I would be happy if someone here can help me out with simple tricks and or tips to set it back to default and or how to get it working again. I am hoping for the best. I am a student and really in trouble at the moment.

Thanks for kind help in advance

Message Edited by stanleyuroy on 05-08-2009 09:27 AM
Message Edited by stanleyuroy on 05-08-2009 09:28 AM
Real Free Teevi Website Directory
soccerbass
Paper Tape
Views: 662
Message 2 of 2

Re: Desperate for help with IBM thinkpad R51 Solution

This link will give you some ideas on how to fix your issue if you are running XP.

This is an HP site.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=&product=57648&docname=c00188679

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors