Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wantrahul
Not applicable
Views: 2,025
Message 1 of 3

Expresscard slot usage in L440

I have an L440 (20AS) that has an open expresscard slot at the bottom left corner. I am not using it for anything, and I don't plan to buy a 3G card in future. I want to use it for some other purpose, mainly storage. Is there any storage options available other than USB 3.0? Like expresscard to mSATA SSD or something like that, that will allow me to boot from the expresscard as I have an internal HDD. I have enough USB ports, so I dont want more, I don't need a TV tuner either. I know there is an internal M.2 slot that I can use for fast boot. So I am just trying to find something useful like external graphics card, may be.

LDvo
Not applicable
Views: 1,966
Message 2 of 3

Re: Expresscard slot usage in L440

I use it with this :   Creative Labs SB0950 ExpressCard Sound Blaster X-Fi Notebook Audio System

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-SB0950-ExpressCard-Blaster-Notebook/dp/B001BS3A3E/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UT...

Got it for $10 (now it's more) - not bad sound for the money. Search for latest 3rd party drivers (x64) (2015) on Creative forum.

(got Creative remote reciever for $16 to work with the card).

Works well with my old L412 - you can switch between internal and external sound cards.

wantrahul
Not applicable
Views: 415
Message 3 of 3

Re: Expresscard slot usage in L440

Apart from the Sound card, is there any graphics card available? Or is there any option to use a 4G (LTE) Sim card for internet access? I see there is already a Sim card slot given under the battery bay. But I believe a WWAN card has to be installed to make use of it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors